Friday, November 29, 2013

NO TORT REFORM

Yes and I mean that.Last night on Thanksgiving night my brother and I called 911 and brought my mother to the emergency room due to sever back pain..A Nightmare!First they had her just laying on the bed for HOURS before she was even looked at.Finally the doctor came to look at her.The doctor was polite asked her the usual questions checked her out and ,gave her pain medication and ordered a cats span.When that was over we waited a couple of hours just to hear the results.;After almost five hours they said no fracture it was caused by arthritis's due to a cervical nerve in her back.That did not qualify for her to be admitted in the hospital.Even though she could not move or go to the bathroom by herself . This was all explained to the doctor all he said was well we can give her more pain medication before she leaves,WELL I JUST ABOUT HAD IT.My saturation point finally exploded .After yelling,swearing threatening to leaver my mother there and not bring her home,which I would not really do they finally agreed to admit her.I must give credit to the nurse I talked to because he shown a much more humanist attitude toward the situation.I would like to hear from folks in the medical community about their opinion on the situation.This is another example about profit before care.If I would of had to bring my mother home and something would of happened to her,rest assure I would sue their asses of.No TORT REFORM.Hospitals and doctors must be held accountable.

No comments:

Post a Comment