Friday, September 13, 2013

religous tolerance

As some of you may recall in a past post in late July I discussed a heated issue I had with a member of the Pentecostal church.The discussion was heated becouse this person so arrogantly attacked an opnion of mine. I responded by defending myself and attacking back to shut the person up.It worked.However I sincerely believe that interfaith dialog works if both persons listen to what the other is saying.By attacking  like this person did turns what could be a very heartfelt dialogue in to a hateful conversation.Let me reassure everyone this hopefully will not happen again.Talking to some people about faith is like talking to a drunk.They do not hear you so why bother discussing anything of importance with a person with this attitude.Now this summer I also had the opportunity to have an interfaith dialog with a priest and catholic scholars at different times.Now this discussion came out wonderful because we listened and respected each other.To m,y so called Pentecostal fiend listen to the other person in a conversation you might just learn something.

No comments:

Post a Comment